These days many people would do anything to maintain their natural youthful appearance. From buying expensive skincare products to lifestyle changes and skin treatment procedures, they never seem to run out of options. The sense of self-worth and confidence that comes with an individual getting compliments for looking younger than their age is probably one of the key driving forces behind the love for the different wrinkle elimination procedures. Currently, Botox treatment remains one of the most preferred methods to this end.
While the injections remain popular due to the reliable, timely, and result oriented nature, it is not without fault. Depending on a number of factors such as an individual’s health, there could be side effects that are mild and temporary. Of course, this varies from one person to another and it’s not surprising to find others experiencing none at all.
The most common side effects of Botox treatment include the following:-
- Common after effects include pain at the points of infection, inflammation, redness, swelling, bleeding and bruising.
- Allergic reactions-some people with sensitive skin are also like to suffer from mild itching, rashes, red itchy welts, and sometimes wheezing.
- Droopy eyelids – this is another typical side effect of Botox treatment. It is temporary and most clears out without any intervention.
- Difficulty swallowing – a non-negligible percentage of Botox treatment is likely to find it hard to take in food.
- In the first fewhours, one could also feel fatigued with dry mouth, headache and neck pain. While the severity of these can be minimised by taking recommended painkillers for some they would disappear gradually after taking some rest.
- In some isolated cases, some patients will report flu-like symptoms. Such side ffects of Botox treatment can also be remedied through medications which can be prescribed by your doctor.
- In extremely rare cases adverse effects such as respiratory infections, spread of toxins beyond the injected area, loss of strength, blurred vision, and hoarse voice. This can be alarming andincase it happens one should seek medical help immediately.
Thankfully, the side effects of Botox treatment are temporary and manageable. Seeking the services of a qualified and reputable dermatologist can go a long way in minimising possible adverse post-treatment effects.